-->
no
no

My skirt under reconstruction

No comments
Here's the before pic. This is a polyester spandex like A line skirt that I've had for ages (is 5 years considered ages?) and it's lost a bit of it's shine lately. The waist part is elasticated.

Sorry about all the creases. It's been sitting in my cupboard ever since I had it done up for my son's Halloween about a year ago.  For those of you who remember, it got turned into a magician's cape.


Original skirt - I'm planning on turning it into a top.





Picking out all the seams



So now I have 3 pieces - a back trapezoid (I think), a front trapezoid (I think, again)
and an elasticated ring

Nice piece of lace to hide the imperfections of the skirt - I bought this in China Town.


Lie the front & back pieces (right-side) on to the lace (wrong-side).


Pin down & cut (no need for seam allowance as the main piece already has one!)

 That's as far as I got, so see later for updates on how I turn it into a top! :-)




author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

No comments

Post a Comment

no
no