-->
no
no

Necklace Therapy

19 comments
Photobucket

So, it was a crazy past week. Crazy because hubby fell very ill and work still required him to be at the office even though it wasn't physically possible for him to continue. So, he was given a choice and we feel he has made the right one. Why work for someone with such Machiavellian tendencies? Hubs lost 4lbs in one week but now he's resting, plus he gets to spend more time with our son. 


While hubs was recovering, I managed to slip in a tiny crafting session just to calm myself and reflect on this nonsense, okay, crap (sorry for being so curt but that's how it all felt).



I saw a lot of lovely collar necklaces on Pinterest that I had to make my own. I took the collar that was snipped away from the snowflake dress I made and added some lovely vintage lace. Sewed on a hook and an eye, and clipped on some necklaces. Voila!   I feel a lot better now :-)




Photobucket

Photobucket




Photobucket
 Photobucket 


Hooks and eyes allows you to change the chain to suit your mood!


Photobucket
author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

19 comments

  1. I really, really like this collar necklace Agy!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely, well done. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comments! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty! And cute, a wonderful way to reuse a collar!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Nice... Now I just have to find me an old collar!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I love the shirt you paired with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the lovely comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty!
    I was nominated for the 7x7 Link Award. I've passed on the award to you. Here's the post with the details...
    http://sewingforutange.blogspot.com/2012/03/7x7-awards.html
    I hope you have time to join in, but will understand fully if you don't!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely. I like it paired with that top. Stopping by via Ladybug Blessings- hope to see you around www.bearrabbitbear.com soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adds some cute flair to a basic shirt, very nice!

    I would love for you to follow my blog too so that we can share ideas!

    Your newest follower,
    Val @ http://cookcraftcrocheting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! I'd love for you to link it up to Crafty Cousins!

    http://crafting-cousins.blogspot.com/2012/03/what-i-wore-sunday-week-7.html

    ~Natalie

    Holla! We're your newest followers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even prettier on. Please come share at the Anything Goes weekly linky at Bacon Time, every Fri-monday. Love your white top too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very creative,I lv it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is such a nice necklace. I really do like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I knew there was something I could do with the collars of the men's shirts I've been cutting up for quilts. Have 10 of these just ready to be made into lovely orange, peach, blue and yellow necklaces. Think they would make great items for our Relay for Life fundraiser efforts at my church as well.

    Now to look at Good will for necklaces to attach to the collars. :) What a cute idea!!!


    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the combination of collar and lace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do not make this item for your bazars, goodwill finds, etc. AGY notes we cannot use the necklace for profit!

      Ann

      Delete
  17. Cute necklace! I love your ideas for re-purposing and creating new pieces. It's amazing how an old clothing piece and lace can go a long way!

    http://passportcouture.com

    ReplyDelete

no
no