Thursday, December 22, 2011

"Snowflake" Dress


Here it is!!  I embellished my old jean dress with the material from my orangey red maternity top. I gave it a Christmas feel with snowflake patterns, well, sort of!


The originals.... just love the orangey red colour!!

Cut some circle templates!

Circle, circle, circles!

Make your snowflakes - I didn't use the traditional method of folding squares here.
Oh, remember to fold one more time between 3 and 4 before putting the pin and cutting it!


I cut the collar off the dress and laid down my snowflakes!
Sew, sew, sew!
Done! The Back!

Done! The Front!
Hmmm... hang on a minute, I may even wear this for Chinese New Year!!
Wishing all my lovely crafty and green friends a peaceful and healthy Christmas!!!


Linking up to:



Recycled Fashion

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love this dress! What a great idea with the snowflakes!

    I hope you too have a fabulous Christmas and New Year!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a unique idea! I loved making paper snowflakes as a kid--but these will last longer and are beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty Dress!! I made something similar:

    http://quepuedohacerconesto.blogspot.com/2011/11/copos-de-nieve.html

    Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the dress Agy! And it does look a little Chinese.

    Does the snowflake embellishment fray? I think I want to try this when I find something I can refashion :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ladies!

    Janelle - so far so good. My stitching was not too far apart so I haven't had problems with fraying. I was going to iron on some backing before I made the snowflakes but the edges weren't "raw" enough. Let me know how your's turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O u gave me a new lease on life crafting this morning more heritage. I imagine this looks great on u. Thank u:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. Glad to inspire someone. I wore it for Chinese New Year and got a few compliments. :-)

      Delete
  7. VERY NICE. What type of fabric is the maternity top? It looks like crinkle, cotton gauze. You could also use doilies (dye them or colored ones).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The fabric was cotton. I think doilies would be great too!

      Delete
  8. This is such a beautiful idea. I especially love how you added the snowflakes around the collar :-)

    Also, thank you so much for sharing this cool dress tutorial on the Eddies Room best dress refashion tutorials post.

    xx Eddie

    Eddie's Room on Facebook come over for some crafty ideas and conversation. :-)

    ReplyDelete