-->
no
no

We Had a Blast at the Workshop!

4 comments
Upcycling Workshop

Last week I was extremely nervous because my upcycling  DIY Your Clothes Workshop was being held on the same day as Lee Kuan Yew's funeral. I was wondering whether I should cancel or go on with it, or would the participants even turn up. In the end I decided to go ahead, and at 4.30pm when the sirens went off, all of us stopped what we were sewing and had one minute's silence. 


Upcycling Workshop


The ladies who took part were very creative, and some were adventurous as well - we had creations ranging from a pair of jeans turned into a skirt to a complete reconstruction of a dress into a skirt with zipper and trimmings. The rain definitely didn't our spirits, and it didn't stop us from making a trip to the New2U Thriftstore for materials for the refashions!  Watch the video below to see what it was like.


Upcycling Workshop



Upcycling Workshop
Add caption


Many thanks to Raye for helping on the day, and to Bangz for coming into work on a Sunday to open up the Materials Design Centre for us. 


If you are interested in taking part in our next session of DIY Your Clothes, drop me an email at greenissues [at] gmail.com. 

Upcycling Workshop
This lady removed the cowel neckline and the sleeves to make a sleevless top.

Upcycling Workshop
This shirt was adjusted to fit her figure, and then coloured buttons were added.

Upcycling Workshop
Three tops were combined to make one amazing top!

Upcycling Workshop
The dress was refashioned into a tube top.

Upcycling Workshop
This dress is made from a combination of a top and half
a dress. She then added sequins along the neckline.

Upcycling Workshop
The dress was shortened into a top. Zips were then
added on the side - they were too!


author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

4 comments

  1. Oh wow! This is SO neat, I wish I had fashion talent, sadly it just does not exist with me :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Whitney. I believe that everyone can sew something; it just takes time and patience to improve the skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm impressed. I started following sewing classes, but I didn't make that far... :( Your post makes me want to grab my sewing machine again. LOL

    ReplyDelete

no
no