-->
no
no

Greeny Crafter 23 - Reverse Clothing

No comments

My in-laws left yesterday morning and it felt rather awkward afterwards because it was rather too quiet in the house! Missing their company already. Maybe I have in-law withdrawal symptoms :-)  


This week's Greeny Crafter is Corina from Reverse Clothing. I love her creativity and style.  Take a look!




Reverse Clothing



I've always been into fashion and clothes even as a kid. I know it sounds cliche but I did make clothes for my dolls when I was little. As I got older I put the scissors and thread aside and focused on other things but never lost my love of fashion, especially vintage fashion. I remember going through my step-mom's clothes from the 70s and wearing her bell sleeved crocheted sweaters to school. I'm sure all the other 6th graders thought I was wierd! When I became an adult and discovered ebay I was inspired by many of the "diy" sellers on there to learn to sew for real. So I jumped right in and tried to recreate a skirt I had gotten outbid on. (It was a pretty awesome skirt.) Of course, having no experience it was a disaster and to this day it is probably sitting in a box somewhere! After that I turned to refashioning to try and ease my way into sewing. My first efforts were not too great but I didn't give up. Once I started sewing I never wanted to do anything else. Now every time I want something new to wear I look to my pile of thrift store finds/castoffs from other's closets first. My interest has also extended to seeing what non-clothing related objects can become. I have spent the last year or so collecting glass jars that once held food and condiments. I have a cool idea for transforming them. Just need to find the time...



Corina's fave projects












"Mistakes" that Corina has made with her projects that would like to share


Where do I start?! There have been many over the years. You can't hit a home run every time you're at bat! But I have found that if you set something aside and wait eventually you will figure out what to do. Often I've started a project and made some unfixable mistake. Rather than throw that entire thing away, I just put it back in the pile and eventually I will firgure out a way to fix it or I'll find a use for pieces of it. I save EVERYTHING. When it comes to fabric and notions I am the worst packrat. I guess I just believe that a truly creative person can find a use for just about anything.





author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

No comments

Post a Comment

no
no