-->
no
no

Greeny Crafter 22 - Secondhand Couture

No comments

Ugh, don't you just hate it when you're having problems with the internet connection. It's so unstable so I haven't been able to post my Greeny Crafter post until this evening.  I've also got my in-laws over for the whole of this week - deep breath - so if I'm slow in getting back to you, please bare with me! Anyway, something to be happy about - Apple has made a U-turn and is rejoining the American EPEAT (the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool) environmental ratings system, after public disappointment. I just wonder why they decided to leave the system in the first place. 

This week’s Greeny Crafter is MaryBeth of Secondhand Couture.


Second Hand Couture






Hello! My name is MaryBeth, and I'm so excited about being featured on Agy's great blog. I am a recent college graduate, and my husband and I are live near Chicago. I am a thrifty (cheap) person, so I love refashioning thrift store purchases to make them perfect. I enjoy running (sometimes), drinking coffee, Grey's Anatomy, and spending time with my husband. 



I have been interested in upcycling and refashioning since I was little. I am one of nine siblings, so my parents encouraged thriftiness and creativity. I remember hemming my first too-big shirt when I was about twelve and being so excited when it fit me! But then I went to college and got busy. Such is life... However, my wonderful mother bought me a sewing machine a few months ago, thus giving me the motivation to start blogging and sewing. Some of my favorite projects are this striped skirt made out of t-shirts








My most difficult project so far is actually one that's still in progress. I am trying to recover a vintage fabric chair I found on Craigslist that looks almost just like this one. Except my chair has torn fabric on it, thus the need to recover it. I have only covered the seat cushion so far, and that alone was exhausting. However, a full picture tutorial will be posted as soon as I finish it!


Oooh, look forward to seeing what you are going to make from the recovered fabric!  Thanks for taking part MaryBeth :-)









author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

No comments

Post a Comment

no
no