-->
no
no

Greeny Crafter 24 - Hulibug

No comments

This week is an exciting week for me. Firstly, because the lovely owners at Bamboo House agreed to host my first recycling workshop on 12 Aug, 3 - 4pm - if you would like to participate, hop over to Bamboo House's FB page and drop them a message. Secondly, I'm starting my life anew - spending more time with family and being more patient with them.  


Profile Picture




This week's Greeny Crafter is Hulibug.  I came across her at the Refashion Co-op and was amazed by her creativity and sewing skills.  I wish schools could teach these skills again instead of focusing so much on IT.  I didn't learn computers until the last 2 years of high school and I think I turned out okay! 



Hi I'm Julianne aka Hulibug. I live in the North Island of New Zealand with my two amazing lil boys & I work full time as a seamstress in a local shop.



I first learnt to sew when I was 11yrs old at school. When I left school I did a course in clothing manufacture and then went on to work in the industry. I have been refashioning clothes since my teens...I never wanted to look like everyone else so I would alter my own clothes, make flares out of sari's and skirts with thigh high splits from thrifted retro dresses!



In 2009 I found the Wardrobe Refashion blog and after following it for awhile I decided to sign up & share my own stuff online. It was alil strange at 1st...especially taking the before/after photos! but it was so cool to have found a worldwide community of like minded individuals and such a great source of inspiration! 



It was also just the motivation I needed to keep up my creative side at home and now I have my own facebook page where I post my latest thrifted finds, refashions, personal style & other random sewing projects. I'm also a contributer over at "Refashion Co-op"and "Little and Loud".



I only shop 2nd hand, refashion or make all my own clothes these days...with the exception of underwear, socks and shoes (although I have thriftfed those too on occassion!) Thrifting/Op-shopping/ checking out garage sales & markets has always been a love of mine. I love searching through the racks, rummaging through boxes and finding amazing hiden treasures. And I'm spoilt for choice with 17 Op-shops within 20minutes drive from where I live as well as local markets every couple of weeks. The expensive pricetags on some new clothing & then cheaper, badly constructed clothes really just work well to put me off buying new!



Some of my favourite refashions:




 I love thrifting vintage flower print sheets to make pyjama pants aka "sheet pants".






 I love my DIY bleached jeans which turned out amazing so of course I had to make more! 





Then there's my check dress made from one of my Dads shirts and most recently I've been saving the cut off hems from jeans I've shortened at work & made a bag! 








Thank you, Huli! I think that bag is AWESOME!!  I would have never thought of using the hems to make a bag. :-)





author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

No comments

Post a Comment

no
no