-->
no
no

Greeny Crafter 13 - Recreation Station

No comments

Easter came and went. Unfortunately, we don't have Easter Monday off like they do overseas - oh, I really dragged myself out of bed this morning and I think I'll be dragging my feet into work later this afternoon. OK, think positive!!!! 

Well, I can't be lazy as I need to introduce my next Greeny Crafter, Steph of Recreation Station!  Over to Steph now!


My Photo
I'm 29 years old, I'm married, I live in California and I work full-time.  I live a fairly busy life and refashioning/creativity is my time to disconnect from the busy-ness and recharge myself.  I've been sewing and crafting since I was a little girl.  My mom taught me the basics of sewing.  Early on she taught me how to hem my pants because I'm a shorty :).  Around the age of 12 or 13 I started shopping at thrift stores and making changes to clothes.  At the time I just enjoyed being creative and wanted to display a different style than my peers.  Although I kept the skills, I veered away from thrift stores and refashioning for quite a few years.  Then about 1 1/2 years ago I stumbled upon newdressaday.com and saw what she was doing.  I was totally inspired.  I ran out that day, bought a dress from a thrift store, and refashioned it immediately.  I was so pleased with the results that I became instantly addicted.  I started a blog because I just HAD to share, and the rest is history!  

Since that time, I've realized that what I'm doing does more than satisfy my desire to be creative.  I'm inspiring others to be creative and think outside the box.  I've had multiple friends begin sewing and refashioning since I started my blog.  I've also seen how stepping away from factory made, cookie cutter clothes has opened my eyes to other areas of my life I can change.  In the last few months I've made my own laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, and body scrub.  I've also changed the way I eat so that I consume more nutritious foods that my body needs and can use.  I've begun living a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle.


My favorite project to date is one I did way in the beginning.   I took a super old, super frumpy dress and made it stinkin' adorable.  I'm still so sad that I ended up ripping that dress the first day I wore it.

Thank you Steph! I have to say that your fave is one of mine too - I couldn't stop laughing at the before photo - the transformation is amazing. You have great sewing skills! Here is another one of my faves. Don't you agree that Steph can change frumpy to chic? :-)



author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

No comments

Post a Comment

no
no