-->
no
no

Greeny Crafter 5 - Needle & Nest Design

2 comments
Melissa of Needle & Nest Design in her
 shirt to dress refashion.



This week's Greeny Crafter is Melissa of Needle & Nest Design, and she hails from Canada. As I write this post, Melissa will most likely be giving birth to her second baby, so she's been particularly busy these days. Mel is a stay-at-home mummy who enjoys crafting, baking and chasing the cats (hmmm....I think that would be with her first-born!).

Melissa said she "jumped" into refashioning and upcycling with her hubby buying her a sewing machine a couple of years back - "since then I would experiment and flounder my way through a few projects.  Blogging about my d.i.y's has kept me passionate to keep trying/experimenting with new goals in home decor/clothing."  


Check out this great transformation!!

Where does Melissa get her inspiration? "Out of necessity, creativity.... and curiosity", says Melissa, and she loves the challenge of creating something inexpensive or free for her home.  Her inspiration comes from her surroundings. 

Melissa tries to get her projects while her daughter naps - that sounds like what I had to do when my son was younger. Here are some of her faves:

Her doily and scarf refashion - it's so pretty, I just wish
we lived in cooler parts of the world!

I'm wishing I had seen this earlier - 
Upcycled sleeves into harem pants for the toddler!

Would you like to be featured on Greeny Crafters? Drop me a line at greenissuessg@gmail.com :-)
author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

2 comments

  1. thanks Agy.. you're button is up today! ;o) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute mommy. Refashioning is so fun to do at home. it's a way for stay home moms to be resourceful.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

no
no