-->
no
no

Greeny Crafter 6 - My Recycled Bags

No comments
My Recycled Bags.com

This week's Green Crafter is..... drum roll.....RecycleCindy of My Recycled Bags.com.  This talented lady lives in the mountains between Washington and Idaho. Think endless nature and listening to the birds sing every morning.... smile.   RecycleCindy loves to crochet and use recycled materials in her projects.  She crafts items out of almost any material that sometimes could be considered trash - plastic bags, VCR tape, old sweaters, cassette tapes, old plastic packaging such as toilet paper packaging, bread bags, and other plastic wrappings. She has also used old jeans, t-shirts, bed sheets and other recycled fabrics for her craft projects. In fact, I learnt a new word from her - it's PLARN - crocheting with plastic! 

Lets take a look at some of her crafts:

I think this is a cool idea! I love the contrasting fabric....
Recycled Denim Oven Mitt
Where did all my plastic bags go? :-)
Maybe here....?
Ribbon Clothes Pin Bag
Plastic Bags to Clothespin Bag
...... or here?  RecycledCindy saw a crocheted tote bag made from recycled plastic bags and just loved the look of it. So let's say she got hooked! She also crochets motifs, flowers, scrubbies, purses, and other useable items from the recycled bags.  Now she uses old t-shirts to make them too!

One of RecycledCindy's favourites:
BrnHobo
Recycled Plastic Hobo Handbag
 I love the following craft - it's so thoughful!
WheelChrTote2
Wheelchair Walker Tote Bag
Check out this one! RecycledCindy used recycled bags from ...wait for it....bread, hotdog buns, bagels, toilet paper, frozen foods, hashbrowns, paper towel packaging, hamburger buns, taco shells, hoagie buns, and other pieces of plastic from numerous products having plastic packaging.  With so many bags, this rug has so many beautiful colours!
Plastic Trash Rug

And if you have any old cassette tapes (which I do!), perhaps you could try out one of her cassette tape bag tutorials!! My favourite is the cassette tape evening clutch!

CassetteEveningBag
Cassette Tape Evening Clutch
So where does RecycledCindy get her inspiration? "I think of things that I need and make them"  That's definitely a useful tip. I wouldn't want to make something that I don't need and which would end up hidden in my wardrobe or store room! Thanks, Cindy, and we look forward to more of your crafts!


See you all next Monday for the next Greeny Crafters!


author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

No comments

Post a Comment

no
no