-->
no
no

Greeny Crafter - Mich L. in LA

1 comment
Mich L. in L.A.

How is everyone? We are experiencing a dry spell in Singapore - it hasn't rained in weeks and our reservoir water levels are pretty low. I thought we would have water rationing just like our neighbour, Malaysia, but it seems like we won't be as the water authority has ramped up water production using the desalination and NEWater plants. Personally, all this production may actually create a situation where most people will forget how precious water is. 

This week's Greeny Crafter is Mich from Mich L. in L.A.   

Mich lives in L.A. and has an online shop selling vintage jewelry. If you click here, you might just find a little surprise! She also creates upcycled jewelry and hosts the very popular weekly giveaway game called Guess The Mystery Thing (I've actually won something from her; thanks, Mich!).  All you have to do is guess what mystery upcycled item she has used to make the jewelry! I like how she gets everyone's brain juices going, but it also inspires us to make jewelry with absolutely anything you can get your hands on!


You will never guess what this was made from! Click here for the answer.


Why did you decide to do upcycled jewelry (versus garments, furniture)?
I started making my own jewelry originally because I wanted an unlimited supply of jewelry for myself.  At first, I used plain old conventional beads and findings, and I loved doing that.   A few years ago, I got hooked on all the amazing trash-to-treasure blogs that sprouted everywhere on the web.  But I am not really a home decor girl, or a sewing girl.  So I applied my jewelry-making techniques to create fun, wearable pieces, upcycled from all kinds of odd items that would have otherwise been thrown out.  My favorite creations are jewelry pieces with a sense of humor.

And what about this one? Click here to find out!



How did you get started on your etsy business?
My sister-in-law opened an Etsy shop and had so much fun, I had to try it myself.  I thought I would sell my own jewelry, but found that I preferred selling vintage items.  It's a great excuse to go thrift shopping and garage sale hopping!  And at the same time, I keep a lookout for things to use in my jewelry.

Thank you so much for sharing Mich. :-)
author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

1 comment

  1. Thank you so much, Agy - it's fantastic to see myself featured on your inspiring blog! You are such an eco advocate! I hope you get rain soon...

    Mich

    ReplyDelete

no
no