-->
no
no

Greeny Crafters - GreenieGenie

2 comments
After an extremely long hiatus, the Greeny Crafters series is restarting, and will feature every Monday. If you upcycle, do drop me an email at greenissuesg (at) gmail (dot) com!



Who are we featuring this week? It is Jen of GreenieGenie. You might have seen her plying her upcycled accessories at MAAD or at last year's Handmade Movement, but I first met Jen through a green meetup two years ago. I discovered she made jewelry pieces from waste, and even plants! She's also offering readers a special discount too! Read on to find out more.




Jen makes one-of-a-kind jewelry items. She sources materials from mainly preloved handbags, and old garments. Of late, Jen has launched what I think is her most creative collection, "Zen" Collection, where she has embedded living plants into her pieces. The most amazing thing is that they grow as you wear them. You just have to give the plants the same loving care as you would with any other plant. 

Tilly Earrings



How it all began - crafting and making things have always been an interest to me, subtly since young. Remember back in the days when there was no internet, and we used to snail mail festive and birthday greeting cards to those close to our hearts? Even though they may have stayed just next door but you would still mail it regardless as a surprise? Well, I remember I loved customising every single one of them. And most of the time, the materials would be just anything I could find and reuse in the house. It did not occur to me to turn this into a business until I had a fancy towards accessories a few years back. I realised that finding a unique yet eco-piece which I love is either extremely rare or unaffordable for me. Back then, I was still a student. So I thought, why not I make my own? And that's how GreenieGenie began.

What is your favourite piece you have designed? My fave series is still the zipper necklace series! 

Blue zipper

Most favourite piece would be the chunky and statement pieces from my first zipper collections! 

Creative moments - My creative moments usually come when I'm close to nature, a stroll in the park or lazing at the beach. Or sometimes when a certain material is given by others for me to work on and upcycle.


Thank you, Jen.  Jen is offering a special promotion to all readers.  extend a special 10% off all GreenieGenie's Fair Trade series and GreenieGenie's own handmade series under the "Loveco" label.  There will be an additional 5% for purchase of two or more pieces, and an additional 10% for total purchase more than $90. For those interested, head over to her website, and email Jen at thegreeniegenie@gmail.com with the discount code "gissues10%"

Disclaimer - this is not a sponsored blog post. 
author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

2 comments

  1. Stunning photography which compliments the beautiful products:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing idea to embed air plants into jewelry! Amazing work! :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete

no
no