-->
no
no

Greeny Crafters 14 - Shoe String Pavilion

No comments
My gosh, this week has been like a typhoon. No time to think or refashion or do any recycled crafts, or even relax. I really don't know how moms with more than 1 kid manage to stay calm and look beautiful all at once - ladies, you're amazing!!!


Today's Green Crafter is a Swede, Titti of Shoe String Pavilion, who lives in Texas, USA. Somehow, I thought of the cowboy hat - am I stereotyping?   This lovely Swedish lady (who has very penetrating blue eyes, mind you) has been  married to her American sweetheart for 8 years now and has two wonderful kids. Texas must be a contrast to the colder weather in her native country!!


My Photo



Getting started with recycling - What Titti told me is amazing. When her family got their first home, she only had a $15 per week budget to work with in terms of decorating the house. Titti realised that even with the traditional decorating / crafting route, $15  wouldn't be enough and so as Titti put it "I had to choose between doing absolutely nothing to our bland house (not really an option) or using what I had on hand to make our place feel like a home. Curb side finds, hand me downs and recycled materials are what I had to work with and I made it work for us because I had to :) I enjoy the challenge and creative process and it has the positive side effect of being green as well."

Titti has made this lovely little chandelier I out of twine, pistachio shells, fishing line and an embroidery hoop. I'm really loving the creativity here. It looks romantic......


I also love how she added some "bling" to her old coffee table !


Titti is a problem solver as she says that her best ideas come when she has a problem to solve. Titti says "I have lofty dreams about what I want and then I have to figure out how to get that using materials I have on hand or can get my hands on for very little money. I read a lot of blogs daily. High end design blogs for inspiration and crafty blogs for ideas on projects and techniques. I also subscribe to quite a few decorating magazines by now :)"


Thanks for sharing Titti. I really enjoy looking at all the recycled parts of your house :-)






author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

No comments

Post a Comment

no
no