-->
no
no

Old jeans into jean bangles

11 comments
I was watching BBC's North and South (and swooning over Mr Thornton!) last night and thought that even though the ladies in Milton were wearing dark colours (except for the hyper Fanny Thornton), their costumes were accented with pretty lace.  I thought such embellishments would be great for my jean bangles - remember the jean spaghetti?


I inserted wire into the jean strips - I got this great idea from another blogger Mich L. in LA whose website I forgot to bookmark. If you happen to be reading this, or you know who's blog it is, pls contact me so that I can update it here! 


Inserting the wire - remember to curl the ends in.
I also glued felt to the ends so that the wire would stay in place.



The old jeans!

The collection I made...lace & buttons!
Will be sending these out as part of the
Craft it Forward. Will keep you posted :-)

Tried to make this like the end of a sleeve....


Clover leaf with a pearl-like bead

"Jewel" with lace -
think I should have used a ruby red one instead!

Lace again!
Now I need to decide on what to do with the rest of the jeans :-)


author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

11 comments

  1. Thank you for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://mlinla.blogspot.com/2010/09/wear-your-jeans.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Hand.Made.Love - thanks! I've updated the post :-)

    @Nueyer - kind words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stop making these!! love love love them!! let me know if you figure out something to do with the rest of the jeans ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Agy! Love your versions!!! Esp. the adorable clover leaf one. Thanks so much for linking to me...and for the sweet comment!

    Michelle from Mich L. in L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Paige - I can't stop either! Made a few more and will post later!

    @Michelle - thanks for popping by and leaving a lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ladies, I've made a tissue holder with one of the legs of the jeans....http://greenissuessingapore.blogspot.com/2011/03/old-jeans-into-tissue-holder.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a good idea! Sadly I don't wear any bracelets, or I'd shamelessly copy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came across Michelle's denim bracelet tutorial. Then I stumbled on all your wonderful versions! Thanks for the inspiration. Okay to feature and link in a future blog post so others can come visit?

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete

no
no