-->
no
no

Party costume again - DIY apron for kids

4 comments













I wonder how many party costumes I have to come up with while my son is at school. His school is having a UN party again, you may recall the panda I made him last year (he was CHina). He's been learning about the different countries and has been coming back home with "Sawadeecap" and "Konnichiwa". This year he wants to represent Italy, probably because he loves pizza and pasta.
I took 2 old T shirts (one white and one green) and cut out the shape for a kiddy-sized cooking apron (ie. Italian chef).

Hubby's old T-shirt




Son helping to trace out the map of Italy from my apron




Cut out the pattern for the apron!
Getting the bits together!





Red bits of scrap material sewn on the apron






Tadah!






author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

4 comments

  1. totally cool. me wants one too. Great to know how to sew. Did you embroider the text?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mentioned on WR that you wanted to make a chef's hat... I downloaded a free pattern for a cute one from YouCanMakeThis.com. It comes in several different sizes so you can make them for kids and adults. Just fyi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Megan. I'll take a look. Hopefully will be able to make one by Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SP - yes, I embroidered the text myself :-)

    ReplyDelete

no
no