-->
no
no

I'll be Darned - Upcycled Again

2 comments
I'll be Darned - Upcycled Again
You fall in love with it, toss it into one corner and then suddenly you fall back in love with it again.  I'm describing this feeling that I have with my "snowflake" dress that was upcycled with red snowflakes in 2011. Every year, I go through my clothes and see which ones need a bit more sewing to it. It feels like an audit - they wouldn't be called clothes if they just lying in your wardrobe unworn.  This denim dress is really nice. I love the cutting and the way it fits me but it really needed a bit more colour especially since it looks worn out.



Use Only What You Have!

After my last post on stitching with intent, I made sure to remind myself the importance of slow stitching.  But I also reminded the importance of limitations - I would not purchase new threads for the project. I have a tendency to forget what's currently in my sewing box and gleefully go off on a haberdashery sewing spree. I was fortunate to have some DMC embroidery thread leftover from a project with the Art Science Museum, and decided to do some darning over the snowflakes.




I managed to finish it in 2 weeks and wear it at yesterday's Repair Sewcial session at The Fashion Pulpit. I asked one of my participants what the hardest part of the repair session was. It wasn't the darning, it was in fact the zipper.  Sewing in a new zipper isn't easy if you don't have a sewing machine. But with patience you will get there (just like everything else in this busy world of ours).
author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

2 comments

  1. Wow, Agy, it's just beautiful! I've enjoyed seeing the darning in progress over Instagram, and it must feel so special to wear a garment that you've spent so much time on! Love it! :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing, I love what you've done with this. The colours are fab!

    ReplyDelete

no
no