-->
no
no

I Want to Pimp My Shoes!

8 comments
I Want to Pimp My Shoes!

pimp my shoes


My kiddo is at an age where he wants to be independent and doesn't want to do the "girly" stuff that mummy does. I was rather disappointed when that stage came because I enjoyed having him take part in my upcycling activities; we have made so much together. Now it's football and youtube - I'm not sure what is the obsession with the latter, but sometimes it drives me up the wall when I see youngsters just waste their time running through videos that have no meaning and are just recorded for a laugh.

So you can imagine what I think he would be doing during the mid-term break this week. Fortunately (cue sigh of relief) I didn't have to worry about that. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised when he asked me whether we could pimp his old school plimsolls. The school had requested for black shoes, and so his old white ones were just sitting in the shoe cabinet waiting to be hacked.

He wanted them a different colour and wasn't sure how to do it.

So we settled on using the batik dyes that I had purchased for my earlier upcycling project. We had orange, yellow and blue to choose from, and we soon found ourselves splashing paint all over the shoes. I did one shoe and he did the other.

After letting the shoes dry, we decided to jazz it up a bit by adding some embroidery using contrasting thread. Again, I did one and he did the other - it was a bit of a challenge as we had to try and get the needle in and out of the canvas without poking it straight through. I think he did very well and managed with all the threading and sewing. I like how one foot is different from the other!
After seeing the transformation, I can safely say that my son can sew! Woo hoo.

batik shoes

embroidered shoes

author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

8 comments

  1. They look so cute! You are a very creative person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a clever idea and it looks pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cool idea! My kids would love to do something unique like this, and there's a store by me that sells plain white sneakers like this fairly cheap. I think I'd like to make myself a pair, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that you could work on a fun project together and let the creative juices flow! They turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My girls would probably love to try to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look brilliant Agy! And extra cool that they are both different, my younger daughter would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shoes look great, but what's even better is how your son is taking after you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always been a big fan of dying my white clothes when they get dingy, but I never thought of doing the same thing to my shoes!!
    This is brilliant!
    jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

no
no