-->
no
no

Fix It Friday - Fixing Yourself, Making It Better

19 comments
Last week's Fix It Friday almost didn't happen because I had such a hard time getting out of bed throughout the week - I had a really bad migraine. It's the first time I had experienced it. I was actually wondering whether it was due to hormonal changes, stress or even dietary issues. I needed to fix myself!

I had to cancel all my appointments and then I had doubts about Friday too.

Eventually, I just had to reach for my Panadol .... and Friday happened, but it felt like a quick fix rather than something long term.

Friday Happened - Better Encounters

So when Friday happened, I met a wonderful lady before my Fix It Friday session. Vinisha of Better Breads bakes lovely vegan breads - no eggs, no preservatives, and her special ingredient - love! I watched her bake her bread and ended up buying two loaves - Bread Velvet and Golden Harvest.


I watched how fulfilled the ladies were at my Fix It Friday - they learned how to repair zippers, and by hand too!



After Friday
After Friday, and the migraine episode, I've decided to take better care of myself.

If I don't take care of myself, how can I get creative?

Eat Better
I will try to buy organic if I can afford it but I will definitely eat more greens and vegetables, grains and DIY my own. Fewer unhealthy snacks. We started to make our own nut butters; this one's cashew nut with pumpkin seed.



Give Time To Yourself
I only just realised why people go on sabbaticals; it's not to be lazy (as most people think) but to replenish themselves, get inspired, plan, and focus on the things that are important. I'm going to have small breaks throughout the day, go for a walk in the park, meditate, and if things get bad then a longer break! Oh, and it means switching off those gadgets too.....Ommm......

Prunus cerasifera / Cherry plum

Exercise
I now do yoga every morning before I start work, and it helps me refocus. I've started following Yoga with Adriene  on her 30 day yoga programme.  You might not like yoga, so pick a sport that works for you. Gosh, you could even do dancing!

Have a Schedule
I think I'm at the age where I can't do late nights anymore. I feel much better when I stick to an early bedtime (ie no later than 10pm) and waking up earlier too.
A schedule also means planning out my day. Not a "what to do list" but when you are going to do what and between what hours of the day. I find this works for me and I get less stressed.

Personal organizer and pink flowers on desk


While I was writing this post, I realised how important it is to take care of ourselves, not just for the people around you but for yourself.  It makes us feels so much better (no migraines so far!), and it does help to get your creative mojo back if you're going through a rut.  I'll let you know how it goes.

How do you fix yourself to stay better?

Your might like this post:


author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

19 comments

  1. I really should get to bed earlier. I always feel better when I do. Hope you are able to keep the migraines at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've chosen a healthful path to follow. More sleep and more movement. Two keys to a better quality of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your headaches disappear. I suffered from migraines for awhile, chiropractic adjustments helped me a Lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll have to look into that Michele. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I'm the same - can't cope with late nights any more, but I'm much better at early mornings than I was when I was younger! Hope the nasty migraines go away Agy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking care of yourself is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it sounds like you're on the right path. I need to get to bed earlier and turn off gadgets more often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taking care of ourselves is important! I try to get an evening alone every week. I eat mostly healthy things. :-) I go on nature hikes. I could do more--like getting more sleep. But there is always so much to do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon. These are great reminders that I really needed. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Take care of yourself. Always look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you feel better soon. I really need to start eating healthier. That bread looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've really never made bread, other than dessert style breads like zucchini or pumpkin bread. I really need to give making bread a try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are lovely tips! Thanks for the reminders for taking care of ourselves first!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am constantly forgetting about myself and then I feel tired and exhausted! Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i don't know about the schedule. i think some people thrive on schedule and others don't. I just can't function on a schedule and anytime i am forced to have one, I can't wait for it to change after awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry about your migraine! That is no fun. :( That bread looks amazing! As for taking care of myself, I really need to get to bed earlier. I don't thing "enough sleep" actually exists for most people, haha. I also have started standing at my desk a few hours each day -- huge back pain relief!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I get migraines, mine are usually because of my neck being out but many say it is from hormones or stress.

    ReplyDelete

no
no