-->
no
no

6 Fave Upcycles of 2014

11 comments
upcycled


It's 2015 tomorrow (where has all the time gone....) and I'm looking forward to more repair over at "Fix it Friday" and the continuation of the "I Didn't Throw it Away" blog train on 2 Jan. 




Here are a few of my favourite upcycles I did this year!


#6 Blinky Bike Bag


upcycled


This was one of the most popular posts this year, and was the ultimate hack! I converted an old umbrella into a bicycle bag, and included safety features all thanks to the Lilypad Arduino. I featured it at the Singapore Arduino Day.

#5 LED Dancing Dress


wearable electronics


The programming went further and I upcycled a slip to be worn under dresses for the extra bling. Perfect for parties! Pssst.... watch the video to see the effects!

#4 Skirt to Top


upcycled


This was an easy peasy lemon squeezy upcycle, converting a lovely skirt into a tube top. It helps if the fabric is bright and cheery.

#3 Mambo Skirt

upcycled

Still on the subject of bright and cheery prints, I took a large dress from a clothes swop and converted it into a twirly skirt. I love those polka dots!

#2 The Wrap


upcycled


My new wrap was made from a discarded DKNY silk top. 

#1 Skirt Worn 4 Ways!

I had always wondered how an item of clothing could be designed so that it could be worn different ways and hence you wouldn't need to buy so many clothes. Wouldn't it be very practical? Check out my version.


upcycled


Look forward to sharing more of my upcycles with you in 2015, and hope they inspire you to start your upcycling journey! Happy new year!
author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

11 comments

  1. Really amazing, makes me want to grab my scissors and have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite is the resort wrap, Agy. Happy New Year, Agy. Hope it's a great one filled with lots of sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like that one too, but unfortunately, I had to give it away as part of a charity auction. At least it was for good!

      Delete
  3. I love the fabric in your Mambo skirt, perfect for so many occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 is my favorite and #4 is close behind :) Love your refashions, and need to make copies myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! Look forward to seeing your versions :-)

      Delete
  5. I'm really liking #2, 3 and 4! You did a great job on all of them!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like #3! Great job! Thank you for joining the Trendy Wednesday Blog Link Up! Come join again this Wednesday!

    Leanne,
    Classy Yet Trendy
    http://www.classyyettrendy.com

    ReplyDelete

no
no