-->
no
no

Adjusting the Bust Area (& a refashion!)

3 comments




I have a black top that I had when I was breastfeeding. After the milk stopped, I just deflated and the top didn't do me much good in terms of covering my boobs. Whenever it got windy or if I bent down, you would get a clear view of everything! And so, the top was left in the wardrobe for quite a few years. 





Then there is this baby doll top from work. The elastic has gone and I was wondering what I would do with it. The fabric is really gorgeous but I found it too sheer to rework - maybe a scarf?  Then I decided why not combine my black top with this baby doll one. 



But first, I had to tackle the bust. You might remember the horror story I had when I ripped it accidentally - you can read more about it here and how I repaired it.

Adjusting the Bust 
a) Unpick area around the bust of garment - I had to for mine as the bust area was sewn to the bottom half of the top. 
b) Wear the bra that you will be wearing with the garment. Turn the top inside out and wear it!
c) Adjust and pin until you are satisfied, then reattach back to main garment. I basically took advantage of the originally pleats and adjusted accordingly. For me, I tucked and pinned along the longest part of the bust. For you it may be a different area, but have a good friend on hand to help you out!





Refashioning It

I took the bottom part of the baby doll top and sewed it directly to the bottom half of the black top. 





Wearing it with my favourite belt!



author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

3 comments

  1. You did an amazing job, I think it looks much better now! I just love the fabric from bottom part...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patricia. Was really happy with how the sheer fabric gave the original black top some texture.

      Delete
  2. This is AWESOME Agy!!
    It looks fantastic and I love the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete

no
no