-->
no
no

Bag into small purse

4 comments

Ugh, I really don't like the humid weather in Singapore. It makes your bags go musty and disintegrate, discolour and the whole lot, basically. The lining of this bag was sticky and the leather and become spotty, but I really like this bag because of the contrasting materials and colours used.  So I decided to rip it apart, remove the lining and put some of it back together. I've managed a small purse for my chapstick and lipstick.

Photobucket




Denim liner on the left (yes, jeans again!)



Added some embellishments from the green leather of the bag. My only mistake was that I should have traced the outside of the purse frame rather than the inside when making measurements. So, you can see it's slightly wonky but better than being in the bin. Still have a lot more of the bag left, so I'll see what else I can make :-)


author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

4 comments

  1. Hello Agy thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I thought that I would return the compliment and love your posts! How cool - your concepts are original and helpful.

    Re the bags getting musty in Singapore, I empathise as everything goes moldy in Cairns. I have discovered that one of the ways to combat the problem is to hang my stored hand bags over a coathanger neck and place a heavy duty plastic bag over the top like a garment bag/cover (place a small hole in the centre of the base of the bag and slide it over like a pillow slip). This protects the bags from dust and residual fabric powder. Place a carton of black board chalk in the bottom of the cupboard - it will absorb the moisture, when the chalks swell and become moist place them in the sun and reuse them once they have dried out (about 4 days here in tropical north Queensland).

    Good luck
    Stamping Shanni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Shanni. I would have never thought about using chalk, and it's very economical (not to mention environmentally friendly!) compared to the commercial water absorbing products we get from the supermarket. Will try it out!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderfully clever idea! Makes me wonder how I could re-purpose some of my formerly-beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete

no
no