no
no

No more scratches and screeching !!

5 comments
Just a few weeks ago, Leafmonkey shared a site with ideas on what to do with your old socks.  I love the first suggestion of simply slipping them on your hand and using it as a dust rag!  I raided my son's cabinet and  but found his old socks are too small to be dust rags. Hey, why not put them onto the legs of our dining chairs to protect our dining room floor ?  I was rummaging around for elastic so that I could make the openings tighter around the legs, but I had run out.  So, I put away the socks and used t-shirt scraps instead.  Now I have chairs that won't scratch my floor and make squeaky noises when we sit on them. Hope you find this tip useful!


Get your materials ready!  Trace the foot of your dining chair leg
onto some scrap card to make the template.
 Remember to use scissors for paper when
cutting out your template for the squares.

I used 2 t-shirt squares per leg. I then sewed them together
around the edges and diagonally.

Clean the bottoms of the legs and sand paper them.
Super glue the squares onto the ends.

Trim with scissors and remember to let the glue set before using the
chair :-)

Linking up to these lovely blogs:
http://acreativeprincess.blogspot.sg


author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

5 comments

  1. Great idea... much cheaper than buying felt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. I found that the felt would come off more easily, maybe because of the thickness.

      Delete
  2. Never thought of doing it that way..... cool!! I just made something similar using scrap jeans material, felt and some elastic too =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nueyer. Put up a tute for yours!! :-)

      Delete

no
no