no

Scarf from T-shirt

4 comments
Haven't been sewing since the last refashion.  Was very busy at work and had to take it home too - ouch!  Hubby has a couple of T-shirts where the neck line is distorted. It's from when my son would tear at them when he was a toddler. He passed them to me - well, he said "Here you go!"  - a silent agreement between the two of us!!!


Here's the after, worn over a white tee. :-)
I think it would look great with a white tee paired with jeans, chinos and jacket. Nice for spring.... 
Do you like it? Check out the tute below :-) 


Original tees - decided to use the grey one :-) Not sure what
to do with the white one though....

Measure two 6 inch strips from the bottom.
Make sure the tee is laid on a flat surface.


Cut, cut, cut!  You will have two rings of fabric.
You can adjust the size of the rings - it's all up to you :-)


You can add other rings of fabric too. Here I added some
non tee material from an old "doesn't fit me anymore" skirt.


Add patterns - I used my sewing machine.
Don't over do it though!
I used the J setting!!


Gotta have some buttons - I like vintage style!
I used the buttons to hold the layers together. I don't want
to be constantly adjusting the rings while I'm wearing it.


More buttons!!


Final one!
This one's at the back and holds all the layers of material together.






http://www.thethriftyhome.comNightOwlCrafting




Along For the Ride




author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

4 comments

  1. That is so cute and simple! Love it! I'm having my first Linky Party tomorrow and would love for you to link up!
    www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty! I love the basic scarf and I LOOOVE your additions and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Terri - I've linked up! Thanks for popping by.

    @ Michelle - I love the embellishments too :-) I think they add a different dimension to the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I’m blog hopping today and I am following your blog. Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance. I am offering a HUGE Back to School Sale on blog designs. For 1 week only receive $40 off a custom design order. Come take a look at my portfolio. Hope you are having a Sweet Week.

    April
    A Mommy’s Blog Design Studio
    Blog Hops Everyday
    Review and Giveaway Blog Directory

    ReplyDelete

no